Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hemingway Extra Credit

I have never had an experience where I have had to leave my family and friends for a long period of time so it is hard for me to relate to how Kreb feels. I think that the community changed so much while Kreb was gone for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that he came back from the war so late. The other military individuals had been home for a long time before Kreb. By the time he returned home everyone had all ready celebrated the troops return and moved on with the next chapter of there life. This experience of alienation makes me understand while Kreb is so withdrawn from his family and the community. I understand why he has all this built up anger towards people. It is due to the fact that no one has acknowledged him since his return and he only did what his country wanted him to do. After I read this story I felt sorry for Kreb. He went to war fought for his country and no one can even say thank you to him. He went over there to protect his community and no one cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment